Episode 3: Climate Change & Multilateralism
In the COP 25 Summit, consensus emerged that sustainable economic growth cannot exist without a healthy environment and our encroachment upon the environment, erodes our ability to grow. This is a significant debate in the world of economics which concerns itself with boosting levels of productivity by reducing costs and minimizing wastages. At a time when unilateralism and populism are rising around the globe, the fact that the nations of the world need to and can come together to cope with climate change proves that multilateralism remains a trend of the times.
In the third episode of The Bridge Project Exclusives in collaboration with Kubernein Initiative, we talk about Climate Change & Multilateralism. We are joined by Navroz K Dubash, Professor at The Centre for Policy Research (CPR) who works on climate change policy and governance, the political economy of energy and water, and the regulatory state in the developing world and Dr Dhanasree Jayaram, Professor, Department of Geopolitics & Co-Coordinator at the Centre for Climate Studies in Manipal Academy of Higher Education. You can follow them on Twitter @NavrozDubash & @dhanasreej
In this episode we discuss with Prof Dubash & Dr Jayaram about India’s role in the climate debate, need for a multilateral response, climate financing and climate politics.
1. Navroz K. Dubash, "Imagining a different, better future", Hindustan Times, 26 March, 2020
2. Dhanasree Jayaram, "What the COVID-19 Crisis Means for ‘Security’ and ‘Global Governance’: Lessons from the Climate Crisis", Indrastra, 25 March, 2020
3. Christiana Figueres, "Climate Change: Why We Need a Multilateral Solution" S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies", United Nations Climate Change, 18 October, 2012
4. Nitin Sreedhar, "Interview with Prof Dubash: ‘Climate action focus needs to be at the national level’, LiveMint, 04 January, 2020
5. Arunabha Ghosh, "India needs a plan for extreme weather caused by climate change", Nikkei Asian Review, 27 June, 2020
The Bridge Project (2020), "Climate Change and Multilateralism", Exclusives in Collaboration with Kubernein Initiative (4.3), 23 Aug 2020, URL: https://www.buzzsprout.com/921337/5107786
Ambika Vishwanath (Host), Mahima Kaur Bajaj (Host) & Tanya Rana (Research)
Inspired by Kevin MacLeod
Write to us at email@example.com with your generous feedback!